Inside Edge Legal, (IEL) is an MLA Legal LLC Company, established as an affiliate of Major, Lindsey & Africa® the world’s leading legal search firm, and a member of the Allegis Group, Inc., the largest staffing company in the United States. A leading provider of recruiting and staffing services in the legal industry, is currently seeking a career oriented individual for an opportunity as Recruiter for our Washington DC office.
IEL possesses the expertise in the legal recruiting field due to our affiliation with Major, Lindsey & Africa. MLA is the largest and most effective legal recruiting company in the world. IEL has the access to more than 20 US and international offices and the industry’s most extensive database, we are able to work in conjunction with MLA to provide our clients and candidates with in-depth market knowledge, an unparalleled understanding of local trends, and access to highly qualified lawyers and legal professionals.
Our Recruiters work with our clients, Practice Heads, Recruiting Leadership, Account Managers, Customer Service Associates and others to identify, screen, interview, present and hire qualified attorneys for contract positions.
Qualified candidates for the Recruiter position will:
– Develop recruiting strategies designed to identify qualified candidates through various recruiting tools
– Evaluate candidates’ strengths compared with clients’ requirements by, for example, evaluating, screening, and interviewing the candidate.
– Negotiate wage rates and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates, and gain commitment from candidates for current and future job requirements.
– Complete necessary pre-employment processes including reference checks and background/drug tests.
– Manage contract employees while on assignment. Assess and investigate contractor related problems, and administer performance counseling, coaching, and disciplinary measures when necessary.
– Work with Account Managers to identify top accounts, target skill sets, key market segments, and to assess clients’ staffing requirements.
– Communicate effectively with others in order to create a productive and diverse environment.
– Communicate with peers by sharing recruiting “best practices” and providing accurate, thorough documentation on contract employees in applicant tracking systems or other documentation tools.
– Maintain relationships with industry contacts to provide customer service, gain industry knowledge, and get referrals and sales leads.
Qualified candidates for the Recruiter position must:
– Bachelor’s degree is required. JD is ideal
– Minimum 1 to 2 years sales or recruiting experience. Recruiting or sales experience focused in contract attorney placement is ideal.
– Experience working in a service-oriented business.
– Energetic, solution-oriented, self-motivated, highly driven and determined goal setters.
– Able to present a confident demeanor, a broad perspective and have the ability to listen.
– Ability to work independently while acting as a team-player.
– Exceptional written and oral English communication skills.
– Capacity to learn and advance in a fast paced sales environment.
– Capable of regularly using good judgment and discretion to accomplish goals and work requirements.
– Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand.
– Experience using MS Word and MS Outlook (or similar email application).
– Authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
We offer a competitive base salary, commission, and an exceptional benefits package including a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, a 401(k) savings plan, and vacation pay.
Gregory P. Bufithis is the Founder & Chairman of The Posse List. He has over 25 years of experience in intellectual property law and digital media in the U.S. and Europe.